Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vacation it is not...

I have recently embarked on a three week sabatical from the church. What that means is I am letting my staff take care of the day to day operations so that I can refresh. Now many have asked me, well take a weeks vacation. Well in being in a Pastor even when you are away, you are never truely away. There are situations that come up (and we had a funeral this week that I ministered at) and you really never stop being the Pastor. You worry about things that are going on, you worry about who is doing what, you worry about if services are going on as scheduled. But with a sabatical you are supposed to not worry about those things. You let others handle them.
I thought not thinking about church stuff would be easy. Well it is not, I have been challenged in the last week about what we are doing for our community, what differences we are making, are we serving to our ability? I have read through at least two books this last week and a half about dreaming GOD sized dreams and also chasing after what GOD would have us do. I think I am thinking church more now than ever. But I am only one week into it and I am already preparing for a sermon that is three weeks out. I am itching to get going again casting vision for our community and dreaming GOD sized dreams.
Be Blessed

No comments: