Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Must be Canadians, eh?

I am in beautiful Pensacola, Florida today. Got to go eat at Hemmingway's on Pensacola Beach. You know, Earnest Hemmingway's place... anyway, the waves were rolling, the the wind was blowing and I would say it is in the high 70's and there were people in bathing suits on the beach. As we were looking out the window eating lunch, I thought, they must be from Canada!! Too chilly and too windy for my taste. They would probably try to roll me back into the water anyway thinking I had beached myself.
A shout out to all our serving military and to all that have served. Pensacola is a hot bed of Naval Activity, on my flight down I sat next to a young Marine, had two young marines directly behind me and a couple across the aisle. Weren't nobody taking over our plane I will tell you. Although I did kind of realize that I am so far out of touch half the stuff they were talking about I could not understand. What I did understand is that Marines on leave do some pretty crazy stuff and that I am too old to do crazy stuff anymore!!
Heading to Minnesota, where there are no Ts and everything has a D in it.

No comments: